Link popularity is one of the most important elements that search engines factor into their ranking algorithms.
Elements search engine algorithms consider important when evaluating the strength of a link:
- Page rank of the page where your link appears.
- The actual text that is linked. For example, it is optimum to use your main keyword as the text that is linked instead of your company name.
- The link popularity of the site that is linking to your site.
- Industry relevancy of the sites promoting your products and services plays a big role in determining the quality of such link.
Most common ways to improve Link Popularity:
- Offer unique and helpful information on your website which will cause others to want to link to you without even asking.
- Submit to quality directories who have relevant sub-categories to your industry.
- Distribute press releases to news related sites to generate qualified traffic.
- Write helpful articles that include a link back to your site.
- Link Exchange. This is the process of forming relationships with relevant sites in order to include links to those sites from your website. This will also help the user to get relevant information from your website. Focus on the quality of the links and instead of the quantity of links. Search Engines consider quality links and give more weight to them when ranking a web page.
- Write review in Blog and Forum.